- Owner, medical pet sitter at Bat Country Pet Sitting
- Animal Psychology Certification
- Client contacts and customer service
- Office manager, data entry, bookkeeper
- Event and meeting management
- Logistics and scheduling
- WordPress website support & maintenance
- Accomplished, professional musician (20 years experience w keyboards, piano, vocals, songwriting)
- Lifelong baseball fan (go Braves!)
- Read more about me on LinkedIn
Animal Care Experience
From childhood, I’ve been caring for dogs, big and small, as well as cats and freshwater fish. I grew to understand the importance of responsibly caring for my own and other people’s pets as soon as I was able to ride a bicycle. I was often hired and counted on to check on dogs, cats and other pets on my way home from school or while relatives were on vacation, in addition to my responsibilities at home.
Today, I am the proud owner of a Black Lab/Border Collie named Badger, as well as three cats. Badger is a special needs dog in that he has suffered separation anxiety since we adopted him as a two month old pup from a rural animal shelter. We’ve worked hard over the years to learn training and support techniques to make sure he is calm, safe and happy when we’re away from home.
By learning to help him discipline himself and trust his his environment, to working with him regularly on his tricks and obedience drills, I’ve gained strong insights into the mind of a kind, loving, and complicated creature. This experience encouraged me to learn more about animal behavior in general, but dog and cat behavior especially.
Through my experiences as a pet sitter and dog walker, I’ve also learned that I have a positive ‘vibe’ about me that helps fearful or special needs cats and dogs trust me a lot sooner than with other caregivers.
They seem to trust me on a level that is always unexpected, and always gratifying, and this makes handling them and providing medications much easier for all involved. My wife calls me ‘The Critter Whisperer’ and we treasure the unique connection I’m able to make with pets.
Musician & Songwriter
Music production skills include:
- Recording and mixing music, narration and sound effects for music and commercial productions, video, television, film post-production, and audio-visual projects
- Preparing media for mastering and duplication to multiple audio formats
- Acoustics and studio design
- Location recording and sound design
My versatility as a keyboard player includes the worlds of rock, metal, dark ambient, alternative and experimental.