Pet First Aid & CPR Certification and Disaster Preparedness
Do you know what to do if your pet becomes injured or stops breathing?
Briana and Ryan Malmstrom of Bat Country Pet Sitting also provide pet first aid and emergency care training via Midwest Pet First Aid.
Midwest Pet First Aid provides the best in pet care and wellness education, pet safety training, and pet first aid and CPR certification to:
- Cat and dog owners
- Pet care and training professionals
- Kennel workers and owners
- Emergency personnel and first responders
- Pet shelter workers and volunteers
- Human first aid instructors, and
- Anyone who loves pets
We also offer a module focused on disaster preparedness for pet owners as part of our full certification course.
Important topics covered in our pet first aid course include:
- Immediate steps to take in an emergency
- What to include in your Pet First Aid kit
- How to safely approach an injured animal
- How to complete a “Bark to Booty” health assessment
- Restraining, muzzling & transporting an injured animal
- Rescue breathing, artificial respiration
- Canine & feline CPR
- Choking management
- Fractures, bleeding & shock management
- Common injuries including: bones, ears, eyes, burns, poisoning
- Snakebites and insect stings
- Heatstroke, frostbite, hypothermia
- Strong emphasis on methods of preventing illness and injury
- and more!
If you’re interested in learning how to help your pets or pets in your care in the event of illness or injury, our course is for you!