Pet Professional Guild: Full Member
The Pet Professional Guild is a professional pet industry member association that advocates for force-free dog training and pet care.
We Carry Comprehensive Pet Sitter & Dog Walker Insurance
We are fully insured via KennelPro/Business Insurers of the Carolinas
“Insured & Bonded”: What that Means for a Pet Sitting Business
Do you know what pet sitter insurance coverage means for you and your pets? Learn about pet sitter insurance & bonding.
Understanding Pet Insurance
One of the primary areas of pet insurance is called “Care, Custody & Control” Coverage
Care, Custody, and Control (CCC) Coverage is the key ingredient to insuring a pet sitter. This provides coverage for the clients’ pets and personal property in the sitter’s care, custody or control, which includes pets while in transport in a vehicle.
Veterinary medical expenses are also a part of the CCC Coverage and the pet sitter’s insurance policy pays for claims, regardless of the negligence/fault for accidents or injuries to pets.
We take our pet and home sitting services very seriously, and ensure that our insurance coverage is more than sufficient to cover damages, accidents, or injuries to pets and property.
Pet Sitter Pledge of Professional Conduct
We at Bat Country Pet Sitting hereby pledge:
- To respect my fellow professional pet sitters and to treat customers and competitors with honesty and integrity
- To refrain from saying, writing, or doing anything which would defame my competitors or bring embarrassment or dishonor to the pet sitting industry
- To operate my pet sitting business in a professional manner and to enhance the pet sitting industry within the community
- To deliver skillful, safe, compassionate care to all pets entrusted to my supervision
- To keep all client information confidential
- To safeguard the client’s residence by taking all reasonable precautions
- To continue to learn as much as possible about my career as a professional pet sitter so that I can provide superior service to each client
- To support and encourage responsible pet ownership with my customers as well as my community
- To continually improve my knowledge of the pet sitting profession by participating in educational opportunities
- To comply with all local ordinances relating to the care and keeping of animals; and to obey all regulations, Federal, State, and local
Clean Background Check
We, as professional pet sitters, understand your need for peace of mind, especially when trusting someone you do not know with keys to your home and access to your beloved pets.
At your request, we are happy to provide proof of clean background check.