5 Star Service Established in Austin, Texas
I grew up in Norco, CA on a ranch with show horses and all sorts of pets and critters, and have lived and worked around the world. During my time living in Austin, Texas, I was inspired to use my many years of animal care experience to deliver excellence in animal care and support to pets in need.
Operating in Austin, TX from 2014-2017, and in the Gilbert, AZ area in 2018, BatCo’s consistent 5-Star reviews and glowing testimonials from past clients attest to my commitment to providing you and your pets with the highest standard of care and personalized attention to detail. I’m looking forward to meeting all sorts of new critters and their humans in the Yucca Valley area!
Why “Bat Country”?
Austin is the perfect city for anyone who loves bats. The Congress Avenue Bridge is a famous landmark and is home to the largest urban Mexican free-tailed bat colony in North America!
The choice of business name was also personal–I’m a professional writer, with an unhealthy obsession for Hunter S. Thompson’s Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Between my literary leanings, and Austin being a bat-crazy city, Bat Country Pet Sitting was born!
Pet Sitter Pledge of Professional Conduct
Bat Country Pet Sitting hereby pledges:
- To respect my fellow professional pet sitters and to treat customers and competitors with honesty and integrity
- To refrain from saying, writing, or doing anything which would defame my competitors or bring embarrassment or dishonor to the pet sitting industry
- To operate my pet sitting business in a professional manner and to enhance the pet sitting industry within the community
- To deliver skillful, safe, compassionate care to all pets entrusted to my supervision
- To keep all client information confidential
- To safeguard the client’s residence by taking all reasonable precautions
- To continue to learn as much as possible about my career as a professional pet sitter so that I can provide superior service to each client
- To support and encourage responsible pet ownership with my customers as well as my community
- To continually improve my knowledge of the pet sitting profession by participating in educational opportunities
- To comply with all local ordinances relating to the care and keeping of animals; and to obey all regulations, Federal, State, and local
Austin–The Original Bat Country
With BatCo, You Can Count On:
Superior Service & Comprehensive Insurance
I guarantee “Purr-fect Service” and professional conduct. Your home is covered by comprehensive pet sitter insurance in case of accidents or injuries to pets or damage to property.
No Pain, No Fear
As a member of The Pet Professional Guild, I avoid the use of choke chains, spiked/pronged collars, shock collars, or any other pain or fear-based methods of working with dogs.
No Breed Discrimination
I do not discriminate based on breed and do not support Breed Specific Legislation. Whether your dog is a bully breed dog or a Yorkshire terrier–all well-behaved dogs of any breed are welcome.
Here at BatCo, I live my life and run my business with compassion and acceptance.
BatCo welcomes all colors, creeds, and critters and is an LGBTQ-friendly business. I am committed to providing a supportive, inclusive and welcoming environment for my clients, business partners, and advertisers.
Whoever you are–you, your family, and your pets are welcome and valued!
Bat Country Pet Sitting does not and shall not discriminate against a person due to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran/military status, age, genetic information or any protected classification established by law, in its staffing, educational programs, activities and operations.
Clean Background Check
I, as a professional pet sitter, understand your need for peace of mind, especially when trusting someone you do not know with keys to your home and access to your beloved pets. At your request, I am happy to provide proof of clean background check.